Welcome to our schools. As a parent to two boys who have thoroughly enjoyed the journey through Durrington Infant and Junior School, I am now exceptionally proud to Chair a group of dedicated Governors who give up so much of their time to work with the Schools to enhance and improve the education, nurture wellbeing and lives of those pupils in our care.
This Governing Body is devoted to assisting the Schools to improve in all areas and is rightly proud of its staff for their achievement as they strive to deliver the very best for the children. We are equally proud of all our pupils for their educational achievements and their personal development as they grow and learn with us. We are grateful for the skill and guidance of the Co-Headteachers Sara Ensor and Zoe Wilby, and the Schools Leadership Team Mike Lewis and Sarah Hankin, all of whom are committed to the staff, children and families of Durrington Infant and Junior Schools.
The day-to-day running of our school and the co-ordination of the planning and development is the responsibility of the Co-Headteachers supported by the Leadership Team. The Governing Body is responsible for the overall strategic management of our Federated Schools both financially and academically.
To this end the Governors have worked collaboratively with the Local Authority (LA), the Co-Headteachers, Leadership Team and staff to ensure that policy is in place to monitor and evaluate the curriculum, environment and climate provided by our school, as well as the quality of teaching and learning, leadership, strategies and overall direction.
It is the primary role of the Governors to manage the direction of the school. This we achieved by establishing and setting policies within which the school will operate. The progress of the school is monitored against these policies to ensure that the school is operating effectively.
The governing body meet regularly to discuss the efficiency, both day to day of the school and strategically planning for the future.
The Governing Body delegates some of its responsibility to committees and these committees act on behalf of the Governing Body. The committees are Finance and Pay Review. Amongst many other duties the Governing Body:
- Set policies to ensure that the school delivers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum and that all pupils have equal access to it.
- Manage the school budget, ensuring that it is appropriately targeted in the best interests of the pupils.
- Provide policy for the management and development of the premises to support the desired ethos and ambience of the school.
- Set the aims of the whole school pay policy, performance targets ant their reviews.
- Ensure that the profile of the school is raised within the community.
- Set policy for the staffing of the school and to ensure that suitable staff are recruited and that appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
Durrington Infant and Junior Federated Schools has a governing body of:
- Parent governors x 2 – elected by the parents and carers of pupils at the school
- One Local authority governor
- Staff Governors – elected by the staff themselves
- Co-opted governors x 8 – appointed by the governing body.
If you wish to talk to us or ask us a question, you can do this in a variety of ways:
- Send us an email, marked for the attention of the Governors, to email@example.com
- Write to us via the School Office – please hand letters in at the school reception or send it in via your child in an envelope addressed to ‘The Governors’.
Together we want to ensure that Durrington Infant and Junior School is a place where every child enjoys learning, thrives and feels safe in the school environment.
I look forward to my role over the next academic year.
Chair of the Federated Governing Body
Please find below the latest Governors' newsletter.
Federation Governing Body
Meet the Governors
Register of Interests and Attendance at Meetings